“We are the experts who truly understand the impact that divorce has on finances.” Michael J. Guarino III, CDFA™
To best meet the needs of a divorcing client a new professional designation was created – the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™. The role of a CDFA™ is to help you and your attorney understand how the financial decisions made during a divorce will impact your financial future based on certain assumptions.
As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™) Michael J. Guarino III, CDFA™, went through an intensive training program to become skilled in analyzing and providing expertise related to the financial issues of divorce. As a CDFA™, Michael works with clients and their attorneys to help them understand the short and long term effects of divorce.
Some common areas of concern are:
- Can you afford to stay in your house?
- Where will the children live?
- Who will pay for the children’s education and medical treatment?
- How do you value your property?
- What is marital property and what is not?
- Who gets what property?
- What tax issues must I be concerned with?
- How do we divide retirement funds and pensions?
- How will the lower-earning spouse survive financially?
- What additional financial support does that person need?
- What happens if a paying ex-spouse dies?
- What are some potential pitfalls?
Divorce is a complicated issue. The financial aspects of divorce are significant. Let our expertise guide and empower you through this trying time so you can get back to living your life again.